20.10.10

chocolate rice pudding (ρυζόγαλο σοκολάτας)

I'll be doing my usual dropping-by my cousin Yannis' for dinner. I'm establishing a bit of a tradition here by not bringing dessert as most Greeks do (instead of wine as is the case back in the UK or the States) - but...in fact making my own dessert on the spot.

Tonight, we make chocolate rice pudding, inspired by the illustrious Nigella Lawson herself.

3-4 tablespoons of unsweetened quality cocoa added to 5 tablespoons of hot water. I'm considering however substituting the cocoa for dark chocolate. I'll slowly whisk in 1 L of warm milk, then proceed to add 125 g (about 3/4 cup) of risotto rice, followed by 100 g (1/2 cup of sugar). Oh, and a touch of vanilla essence!

Pop it in a baking dish for about 2 hours in a pre-heated oven (150 degrees C). Every 20 minutes, carefully stir the pudding mix to prevent the top layer from crusting. Serve warm.

No comments: