13.10.08

who wants to join the Oxford Gastronomy Society?

Files kai filoi, I wanted to let all you lovely people to know about our first event by the adventurous Oxford Gastronomy Society. This Thursday, from 2-4:30pm, at G&D's on the Cowley Road, Susan Jane will lead a blind tasting of all the different flavours of the divine ice cream that we all know and love.

And just so you all know, if you join Oxford Gastronomy Society before the end of week 3 (we're in week 1 for those who don't subscribe to the Oxford term calendar) you can receive 2 memberships for the price of 1.

It's going to be a great term of events.....I look forward to Raymond Blanc's French cooking demonstration in a few weeks and meeting the head chef of El Bulli in London. For a link to the term card, click here...

By the way, I was so excited this Saturday when I came upon the new book of El Bulli (it's bigger than a Bible) at Waterstone's.  Now I know what I want for Christmas.

No comments: