4.7.08

happy 4th of July


Happy 4th of July to everyone back in America.  It's a bittersweet day for me today, since there are no Independence Day celebrations to attend here in Oxford (although Sunday an American friend may have a BBQ).  Greek-Americans are insane when it comes to today's festivities.  It's double the pleasure for anyone attending a BBQ like that of my parents.  You get not only the classic American hamburgers, corn-on-the-cob, grilled vegetables, and cupcakes, but also all the common Greek mezes on top of that (and my dad's legendary shish kebabs).  You're never left hungry, I tell ya'.

Here's a beautiful Red, White, and Blue Ice Cream Cake recipe I found on Epicirious.  Looks pretty stunning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I will visit often ...

Denise
http://www.WineFoodPairing.blogspot.com

Yannis Mameletzis said...

thank you Denise. :)
as is yours.

Nihal said...

Smiling Hello:)
The header of your blog captured my attention, and then wanted to jump in. YES, I am a BIG lover of baklava.
I shall be back again.
And, Happy 4th of July!

~N at CrossRoads